Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mint sauce


I always wanted to make a mint sauce to go with my lamb steak but never had the chance to try it until today. Usually I use my mint with tea as my breakfast drink or a hot drink on a cold day. Love the tangy taste of mint. Since my mint is blooming right now I decided to make a mint sauce out of it. So here is the ingredient for the sauce.




mint sauce
5 sprigs of mint, stems removed and discarded
1 small shallot
1 small clove garlic
2 Tbs cider vinegar
2 Tbs olive oil
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt




You can leave the shallot and garlic out if you want more of that minty flavor.



Anyway, for those who wanted to start to try out gardening I would recommend you to start with mint as it is easy to grow and it grow fast. If you love mint tea then this is the plant for you! This herb plant is a must plant for every house because it is a plant that give you a quick win while waiting for the others to grow.



No comments:

Post a Comment