Sunday, June 9, 2013

New fish in the neighbourhood.

My plants has grown and some of them is waiting to be harvest. Lately I have been feeding my tilapia with water spinach (kangkung) leafs plus the bugs that been eating them. That is the first time I feel glad about pest on my plant because it can become the food for the fish and the fish poop can provide food for the plant and the beautiful cycle can just go on. Anyway I noticed that my plant don't have a deep green color leaves but instead they have slightly green and yellowish color. I suspected that the growbed are lack of nitrate. Plus, my fish tank has started to grow algae and one sucker fish is not enough to eat all the algae. I decided to add more reinforcement to the fish tank by introducing 2 bottom feeder fish ( upsidedown catfish) to eat the left overfood and 4 sucker fish to eat the algae. Did a nitrate test on tbe water and as I suspected that the nitrate level is low. Hopefully by adding more fish can help to increase the nitrate level. That would also provide more food to the plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment